Monday 1 December 2014

camp bentzon recount

This is a recount about when I went to camp bentzon on kawau island.

The day had arrived, the day where the year 6’s at Pt england school left for camp. We all had to be at school before 7 o'clock because the bus left at 7:30. When we got to school we all had to be in our team lines there were 8 groups there was Bentzon A, Bentzon B, Mansion A, Mansion B, Kawau A, Kawau B, Katz A, Katz B. I was one of the leaders with Cyrus in Kawau A.


After we got off the bus we headed to the fairy that awaited us. We had to load all our gear on then we set sail. When we got their we were greeted with lot of little wild life. There were lot’s of  ducks, weka’s and the camp site pet peaks she is a paradise bird. Why is she could peaks well because she always peeks your feet.


My favourite Activity was kayaking because I love being near the sea and I got to learn how to get back in the kayak if we had capsized. I was the fastest so I won my team five points as well as cyrus.


On our last night (Thursday) we  had a camp concert. Where all the teams got to perform an item it could be an dance or sing a song or anything creative to win. All of the teams did a dance we did our we made a song up the tune we had was thrift shop it went like this. We at this awesome camp because we paid  95 dollars it was expensive but it was worth it cause were gonna win it. We ended up coming third place out of the four teams.

The camp was so fun I would totally recommend it to the year fives when their a year six last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment