Wednesday 15 October 2014

What are Capitals?

WALT: Write an explanation telling people what capital letters are and when you use them in writing.

Have you ever wondered what Capital letters are? First the other name for Capitals are upper case the the smaller letters are called lower case. Another odd thing about them are that sometimes their a different size from the lower case like R to r, there are some that stay the same for example O to o, C to c.

Using Capitals letters are really simple there are so many ways to use them. You can use them in so many things but one way of using them are in Dates. For instance today is 15, October , 2014. In dates you can have capital letters in any language like Chinese, Cook island and even Indian. Not only in different countries but for special events like Christmas, Holidays and much more.      


I I I how are we supposed to right an I. If  you were going to write a sentence like this “i went to school” you would be writing it wrong. This how you are supposed to write It “ I went to school ”.  Did you see the bit I changed? Another example is I’ve, I’ll, It in fact any word with a pronoun I in it.


Here I will show you how to write a Geographical place with a capital. (Geographical means a place in the world). For example I live in Glen Innes, Auckland New Zealand. Another example is California, L.A, U.S.A. You can even use Capitals for the seven contents like Antarctica, Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, South America and Oceania.


Last but not least Names, Now for names every time you spell someones name don’t forget to Spell it with a Capital. For instance my name is Ariana and my friends are Brooklyn, Khaia and Marilyn. Another example is, My teachers are Mrs Garden, Mrs Jacobson, Mr Somerville and Mr Goodwin.


If you want your audience to understand your writing then don’t forget to use Capitals!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment